zondag 29 april 2012

Testride Quest

After so many years not driving a Velomobiel yesterday I did have the opportunity to cycle the Quest.
At home I did make a track on my computer, so it was easy to follow this by the GPS I had with me.
Allert Jacobs fitted the (yellow) Quest for me and after a small test round I was off on the track.
First I did cycle towards Kampen. Open road with a lot of wind. This made me aware of the steering with the influence of the wind on the Quest. Even with the headwind the speed was over 30 km / hour!
I was impressed!
After going in the Noord Oostpolder, the wind was with me, the speed went up to almost constantly 40+.
The fitting of the Quest was not perfectly so I had a bruise on my right shoulder after the trip. Also the right shoe of my clip came out dozens of times, annoying!
At the end of the ride it went slower, even though I had wind in the back.
When I turned into the store of Velomobiel, Allert did noticed a slow leak in the left front tire.
This was the reason why it was harder than the start of the trip!
It was fun to do the run and I am now sure I made the right decision in ordering the Carbon Quest.
It will be essential to make my Quest fit like a glove.

I do write this blog in English so my American friends can read it instantly. The Dutch readers can all read English I am sure!

1 opmerking:

  1. Hoi Menno,

    Mooi dat de Questrit je op zich goed beviel!
    En inderdaad is de juiste afstelling essentieel.
    Al een indicatie wanneer de fiets komt?

    Groet, Richard

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen